Why should I spend more than 2 hours in Pisa?
Aside from the fact that, besides the Leaning Tower, there are many things worth seeing in the Historical Quarters (San'Antonio, Santa Maria, San Martino, San Francesco), Pisa has excellent restaurants, theatres, cinemas and much more.
It is a lively city and its territory is also very interesting.
Besides the famous cities, which are easily reachable from Pisa without a car, if you decide to rent one, you can go to:
- Basilica di San Pietro a Grado: amazing abbey of the 12th century. The legend says that once upon a time there was a harbour here, and Saint Peter arrived here from Antiochus to go to Rome
- Tenuta di San Rossore: large natural park, with hippodrome, bike trails, etc.
- The Nature Park in Vecchiano: the best beach ever
- San Giuliano Terme: Spa centre between Pisa and Lucca
- The Medici aqueduct
- Calci and the Carthusian monastery: amazing!!! And the little village of Montemagno is definitely a must see. But leave your car at the entrance...
- Uliveto Terme: great Thermal Park and in Caprona there is the Upezzinghi Tower from which you can enjoy an amazing view